COVID-19 notice: In line with the national move to Level 5, Cabra Library closed on 24 December until further notice. The library continues to operate home delivery and online services.
Buses: 37, 38, 38A, 39, 39A, 70, 70X, 122.
Nearest LUAS stop: Broombridge
- Self-service Kiosks
- Free broadband and wireless Internet service
- Self-service Printing/Scanning (Surfbox)
- Photocopying (colour/black and white)
- 2 Junior computers
- 4 Youth Zone computers with free internet access
- Express email service
- Application forms for passport etc.
- Community noticeboard / information
- Exhibition room
- Activity room
- Study space
- Dedicated children's activity zone / children's display area
- Talks / workshops / demonstrations
- Conversation exchange
- Adult book clubs
- Creative writing group / Listen to Cabra writers' group reciting some of their pieces
- Knitting group
- Scrabble club for adults
- Parent and toddler group
- Children's activities / class visits / Junior book clubs / weekly storytime
- Library Tours - by prior arrangement
- Reference collection - adult and junior
- Block Loans to groups / schools by prior arrangement
- Audio books for adults and children on CD and MP3
- CDROMs and music CDs for loan
- Books in Polish, Russian, French and Spanish
- Daily newspapers - Irish Times and Irish Independent
This location is wheelchair accessible and an induction loop system for use with hearing aids is available. Assistive technology for people with visual impairment, reading difficulties and for people whose first language is not English is also available.
- Special Collections: Graphic novel collection for adults and children
- Local History Collection of the Cabra areaTeen study support collection
- Adult basic education resource collection
- ISL (Irish Sign Language) resources - ISL tutorial books etc., books for students learning ISL.
- Large print collection